Monday, April 9, 2012

Reading Log


 Pages read: 1-100
I have neglected my reading thus far for this quarter for many reason. One of them being that I have sustained some injuries and school had picked up pace plus my sport i play outside of school. Nevertheless I have here my first reading post about an obscure novel called Starship Troopers. This is a book that follows the life of Jonny, a young fresh high school graduate who joins the interstellar military force called the Mobile Infantry(MI). It follows his military escapades on other planets in other solar systems. This was written some time ago, perhaps this is a commentary om our own imperialistic military structure. In its time, this novel was considered to be controversial, so maybe I am correct in my assumption about the novels purpose. Robert Heinlein wrote this novel and I think he, this is a personal opinion, was trying to illuminate the inner workings of our own military and all the complexities of it. leaving the real purpose of conquest so obscure that only the politicians know and the men fighting are fed lies. Who know? As i dive further into this book i will try to reveal more and explain some of the action and crucial characters. For now, a brief overview and synopsis of the themes and  motifs wills suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment